Leading Commercial Litigation Lawyers in Sydney.
Woods & Day Solicitors possess A Wealth Of Experience In Drafting, Advising On, And Negotiating Various Types Of Critical Commercial Litigation And Corporate Documentation
Our experienced team of commercial lawyers is able to provide timely and thorough advice on complex legal issues across a diverse range of commercial disputes, including:
- Contract law (including enforcement of contractual rights, breach of contract and termination of contract)
- Equity and trusts law
- Property and commercial leasing
- Competition, consumer and trade practices law (including misleading and deceptive conduct)
- Corporations law (including shareholder’s disputes and breach of director’s duties)
- Intellectual property law
- Debt Collection in Sydney
- Debt Collection in Melbourne
- Debt Collection in Brisbane
- Employment law
Our recent litigation and dispute resolution experience includes:
- Successfully appealing a decision of the Supreme Court of New South Wales involving a claim by a local council against a private car park operator for the sum of $6.9 million in respect of alleged breach of contract and misleading and deceptive conduct: Secure Parking Pty Ltd v Woollahra Municipal Council  NSWCA 154
- Successfully opposing an application in the Supreme Court of New South Wales to set aside a Creditor’s Statutory Demand pursuant to section 459H of the Corporations Act: Arora Markets Pty Ltd v Workers Compensation Nominal Insurer  NSWSC 107
- Successfully bringing a claim in the Local Court of New South Wales against a confectionary distributor for breach of contract and misleading and deceptive conduct arising from the supply of confectionary with tampered Best Before dates: Howell & Anor v Associated Products Pty Ltd (2015/106624, unreported)
- Successfully engaging in an expert determination process between a landlord and a tenant to substantially reduce the amount claimed by the landlord in respect of make-good works under a commercial lease
We understand that litigation can be a costly and stressful exercise for clients and aim to ensure that our clients are given sound advice on their prospects of success prior to commencing formal legal action. We also recognise the commercial realities of litigation and the value of resolving disputes. We offer a number of pre-litigation services that often result in a favourable outcome for our clients, allowing parties to a dispute to get on with business.
Contact us online to discuss what we can do for you.